Salicylic acid, which has come to the fore in skin beauty in recent years, is included in many skin care products. We also researched what is salicylic acid and compiled valuable information for you. We will explain all of them in this article. But let me just tell you this; Salicylic acid is a boon for skin beauty!
What is Salicylic Acid?
This acid, which stands out in skin health and beauty, is known as a beta hydroxy acid. This oil-soluble acid helps to remove the clogged appearance by penetrating into the pores. It also has an important place with its antibacterial functions. So this acid is very necessary for your skin health. Well, are you ready to learn the substances containing salicylic acid?
What Is Salicylic Acid?
This miraculous acid is found naturally in many foods such as vegetables and fruits. If we need to list the foods containing salicylic acid in general, we can list them as follows;
Vegetables: Foods such as artichoke, cauliflow
er, broccoli, clover, cucumber, corn, radish, potato, fennel, eggplant, spinach, mushroom, pepper, canned goods and pickles…
Fruits: Grapefruit, orange, kiwi, peach, watermelon, banana, apricot, avocado, tomato, pineapple, plum, grape, strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, pomegranate, mango and lemon…
Other Foods: It is also abundant in nuts such as peanuts, pistachios, sesame seeds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, and tea, coffee, and fruit and vegetable juices.
Therefore, it is possible to obtain salicylic acid from foods.
Salicylic Acid Skin Benefits
Salicylic acid is an acid that has countless benefits. However, we were more curious and researched about its benefits to the skin. Here is the miracle of salicylic acid on the skin…
1. Thanks to its easy dissolution in oil and water, it penetrates into the pores. Helps reduce the appearance of pores. It gives a purified skin.
2. It also prevents the formation of blackheads as it reduces the appearance of pores.
3. Thanks to its peeling feature, it cleans the dead cells on the skin.
4. It provides the oil balance of the skin.
5. It also has positive effects on acne. It prevents the formation of acne and helps to fade the acne that has already appeared.
6. It is an excellent skin spot enemy. With regular use, it allows skin spots to pass.
7. Again, it is a great anti-wrinkle in regular use. Thanks to the rejuvenation of youth cells, it reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
8. Finally, it is also very beneficial for hair. With the use of shampoos containing salicylic acid, dandruff on the scalp is prevented. As you can see, this acid helps you deal with many skin problems. You create skin care products from salicylic acid tonics and salicylic acid creams, and your skin will shine with health!